Sunday, November 12, 2006

Intro, Jan 2004

I have this little book which contains a list of all the books I've read since I started keeping track in January 2004. I was flipping through it the other day after adding a book, and I realized that I didn't really remember reading some of the books, which was sad. And, shoot, I've got this blog now, so I thought I would put it to good use by listing the books I've read, along with whatever commentary I feel like adding. So, here goes...

January 2004:
Eye of the World, by Robert Jordan
This was my attempt to get interested in the Wheel of Time books. My husband, who rarely reads, has read all of these books, most of them more than once. I discovered, however, that he can keep them to himself. I'm somewhat picky about my science-fiction anyways, and this book really didn't do it for me. What I hated the most was how the first 800 pages built up to some great confrontation, and then boom! - half a page later it was over. I hate that. So, this will most likely be my last entry with the words "by Robert Jordan" in it.

Patriot Games, by Tom Clancy
Without Remorse, by Tom Clancy
Ah, the start of my Tom Clancy phase. My brother, who also doesn't read much, owns a whole bunch of these books, and since I was apparently out of ideas for books and he was in Iraq, I stole all his Tom Clancy books when I was at my parents' for Christmas. I don't remember a lot of specific details about each book - they all start to run together, especially when you read them all right in a row - but they were pretty entertaining. Fascinating information about things you never think about, like the internal workings of the CIA or what it's really like to be president on a day-to-day basis.

And that is the end of storytime with Teri, for now.

1 comment:

Dani said...

Teri, unrelated to books, I noticed your post about "comment" icon issues at Blogger Help. How did you get this fixed? I'm having the same problem. Can you email me at hotbuttonpress@earthlink.net ?

Now I should stay on topic and mentioned something about reading. One of my favorite series is the Merlin Trilogy by Mary Stewart... I read it every couple of years. Have you read them? There's also a fourth book called The Wicked Day which I hate and never read because it's dreadfully sad. I encourage everyone to just skip that one.